A newbie mom trying to juggle full-time school, a goofball husband, and little to no sleep on a good day.
Saturday, February 4, 2012
It's the little things that count
Before I tell you the things that happened I just want to let everyone know. I AM NOT A RACIST and NEITHER IS MY HUSBAND... First I'll give you a little background. I am 100% a lot of white people. I am half German (my mother is from Bitburg) and I am half American (with a background of almost every white European you can think of). My husband on the other hand is 100% full Mexican from Tijuana. With that said my husband likes to be a jokester. He makes jokes, he tells jokes, but he doesn't get American Humor. So everytime I say a joke it is of course not funny! Boo on him. Anyways. Today we were sitting in the living room and my husband was holding my son so I could finish my school work and in Spanish he asks my son " Why were you born soooo white!" I do not understand a lot of Spanish but oh boy did I understand that! My husband thinks he's funny!! So I pointed out (like I always do) 1. His momma is Twilight white. 2. It is the winter time and he cannot be out in the sun too long because it is freaking COLD. 3. You're Mexican so you have to know that your son may be white but is still darker than his momma! Poor kid is going to have a complex about being a super white Mexican. But I think he already knows he's Mexican because the other day when I asked him if he was Mexican he smiled really big and giggle!! PRICELESS.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment